Saturday, August 1, 2009

RCA "Traveler" Small Wonder EZ210 Digital Camcorder with 4 Hour Recording and 2GB Included SD Memory

With the RCA EZ210 Small Wonder, there is no easier way to share and save the moments worth remembering. Whether a scenic vacation destination, a child¿s basketball game or just a simple backyard barbeque with your family, this easy-to-use digital camcorder is ready whenever and wherever. Travel with the RCA ¿Traveler¿
Customer Review: "A horse is a horse of course of course.... "
"A horse is a horse, of course, of course" is a line from the old "Mr. Ed" TV show. It came to mind because that describes this camera. It works like a horse, is rugged (it's been dropped with no ill effects), looks decent (a tinnie bit large, but not unreasonably so), does good quality work, and is easy to use. The video quality is great in Hi-Res and more than adequate for web quality. You get about an hour of recording in Hi-Res and between 3 and 4 hours in web-quality. Plus you can take individual shots. I did a whole wedding in available lighting this weekend at web-quality and the pictures are terrific. The video editing software downloads from the camera the first time you hook up to a USB port to download your movies/pictures on each computer. The RCA Memory Manager (I think that's it's name) that gets installed is a low-end product but seems to work ok once you get the hang of it. Basically it let's you "slice and dice" your videos and recombine them or cut out parts you don't want in the final version. More than adequate for what I want to do with it. I think it's a bit large compared to something like a Flip but not really very big. The size makes it easy to handle and the viewing screen is actually big enough to see what you are looking at. It will easily fit in all but the smallest pockets or purses and the lens cap keeps the finger prints out of the videos and still shots. I do find myself cleaning the viewing screen though. The only thing that I don't like about the product is when it semi-automatically compresses the file for emailing I think the resolution "sucks" and you loose a tremendous amount of quality. But, since it is trying to make it small enough to email it isn't supprising... those bits of information that it compresses out gotta come from somewhere. Since I'll use other means to email it really isn't a problem for me. Overall, how do I like it? At around $80 I absolutely love it. Would I buy it again? Absolutely! It's a great quality product for the price and definitely in contention with the Flip, in my opinion. Oh, yeah, I almost forgot... we've been using it off-and-on for a couple of weeks now and still have not changed the batteries (two double-A's if I remember right but I didn't pay attention when we unpacked it.).
Customer Review: A good little camera
Never tried a Flip, so I do not know how they compare, but this little camera is easy to use, seems sturdy but is still light weight, and has had no problems in the initial three or so weeks of use that this one has had. I would not hesitate to recommend it to someone looking for a convenient, pocket-sized camcorder.


Sony MDR-V6

No comments: